Studio and Online
Price £ 50.00 – £135.00
Available: Face-to-Face / Online
Our Mandala classes are open to everyone and offer a great way to relax and tap into your creativity. These metaphysical and symbolic pieces of art are known for their therapeutic properties, helping people to relieve stress and find a more peaceful inner connection through art.
Our Mandala classes will help you learn how to create these beautiful designs from scratch, letting you express your inner emotional state through geometric designs.Enquire about this course
What is Mandala?
A Mandala is an art form that is believed to have originated in the Southeast Asian continent in the 4th century. Mandala means “circle” or “discoid object” in Sanskrit and its geometric design is of great significance to both Hindu and Buddhist cultures. A dot is seen at the center of a mandala as it is a symbol free of dimensions, and it serves as the start point to represent devotion to the divine and the beginning of contemplation. This is surrounded by geometric patterns and lines that symbolise the universe, enclosed within a wider circle that represent the cycle of life.
What happens in the dot mandala workshop?
In our dot mandala workshop, we paint a canvas in a beautiful dot mandala pattern, with no experience needed to create a memorable piece of art. You will learn more about the significance of mandala art and the calmness and peace of mind it can offer through continued practice and creativity. I will guide you through how to use specialist dotting tools and how to become comfortable using them to gain more confidence. Each colour used in a mandala has its own meaning (for example white for peace and rest, blue for healing and wisdom), and we can discuss which colour scheme is more personally suited to you.
The ultimate goal is to support you in exploring your creativity to find a way to express the inner state that makes you feel happy, relaxed, and content.
Further Information about the workshop
- The workshop can be customized for individual requirements. The cost and duration of a bespoke workshop will be dependent on the size and complexity of the artwork involved and engagement required.
- For the kids workshop, drop off/pick up will be outside the house.
- Please avoid wearing new and expensive clothing to the workshop as there might be some spillage.
- There is free parking outside the house.
- Please pack a snack and bring a drink for the duration of the workshop – kindly avoid nuts.
Terms & Conditions related to The Impasto Painting Workshop
- Any cancellation made 24 hours before the workshop will result in a 30% administration fee to cover costs that have already been incurred.
- There is no refund available if a cancellation is made within 24 hours of the workshop.
- Any cancellations due to COVID19 or other health setbacks will entitle a postponement of the workshop to a later date. No refunds are available.