Available: Face-to-Face / Online
Price £ 75.00 – £185.00
- Children’s duration 3 hours – Price £75.00
- Adults duration 5 hours – Price £150.00
- Online no material included £80.00
- One to one class – £185 (please give 3 date options, including weekends and 1 will be confirmed)
Our Acrylic Pouring Art workshops are open to both kids and adults and offer an excellent way to unleash your creativity along with some well deserved rest and relaxation. Acrylic pouring is a technique that involves mixing 1 or more acrylic colours while pouring them followed by a spread over a canvas. This fluid art technique is one of the most satisfying creative endeavours and is essentially created by letting the pigment run wild along with your creative imagination. There are many techniques at your disposal and hence this technique is great for experimenting.
What is Acrylic Pouring/Fluid Art?
The secret to good acrylic pouring is in the consistency. The 2 basic pours that most people tend to gravitate towards is either the straight pour or the dirty pour. There are other techniques like the dutch technique and the swipe technique followed by a few more. This fun and easy way to create masterpieces is all about letting the colour interact in unexpected ways. Popularly known as a happy marriage between art and science, this technique is all about the different densities in the liquids and how they mingle with one another further augmented because of the varying compounds within the pigments.
What happens in the Acrylic Pouring Art Workshop?
In our acrylic pouring art workshop, kids between the age of 7-14 will learn 4 distinguished techniques like flip cup, ribbon pour, dirty pour and experimental pours using household objects, including a comprehensive material introduction, different timeframes when working with these materials, dealing with errors that may occur during the material handling and an in-depth discussion around layouts and preparation of the canvas. As part of the final project, they will be creating 4 A4 sized canvases. There will also be an allergy check for their health and safety along with some additional safety information.
For the adults, age 15 and above, I will guide them around 10 techniques, including the flip cup, ribbon pour, dirty pour, open cup pour, kiss pour, cell technique, dutch pour, flower pour, ring pour and a black & white pour. As part of the final project, adults will create 9 10×10 cm tiles along with 2 A3 size canvases. Please note, there might be a slight variation in the sizes of the canvases based on their availability. At the end of the workshop, your creations will need to be left behind as they need to dry before being transported. You are welcome to collect them after 48 hours or they can be posted to your address for an additional fee.
Further Information about the workshop
- The workshop can be customized for individual requirements. The cost and duration of a bespoke workshop will be dependent on the size and complexity of the artwork involved and engagement required.
- For the kids workshop, drop off/pick up will be outside the house.
- Please avoid wearing new and expensive clothing to the workshop as there might be some spillage.
- There is free parking outside the house.
- Please pack a snack and bring a drink for the duration of the workshop – kindly avoid nuts.
- It’s important to reserve your spot for the workshop at least two weeks beforehand so that we can ensure all the necessary materials are ready for you. If you decide to come to the workshop at the last minute, please give me a call to check if there is still space available and if all the required materials are in stock. If you didn’t book the workshop in advance, feel free to contact me by phone and inquire about availability and material availability.
If you would like to enquiry about this class please fill out the form below.
Terms & Conditions related to The Impasto Painting Workshop
- Any cancellation made 24 hours before the workshop will result in a 30% administration fee to cover costs that have already been incurred.
- There is no refund available if a cancellation is made within 24 hours of the workshop.
- Any cancellations due to COVID19 or other health setbacks will entitle a postponement of the workshop to a later date. No refunds are available.