ONE DAY: 3 hour workshop – PRICE £65 in studio / included all the material
Online: 3 hour workshop – Price £45 ( no kit included)
Once booked the workshop material list will be emailed you within 24hours.
Our Alcohol Ink workshops are open to everyone and offer an excellent way to relax and tap into your creative side. Alcohol ink art comprises a variety of expressions using a multitude of techniques. Whether one wishes to take the representational route or pursue abstraction, one cannot ignore the power of colour and texture as a result of the alcohol ink. Our Alcohol Ink workshops will help you learn how to create exquisite pieces from scratch, enabling you to express your emotional state through colour and pattern.Enquire about this course
What is Alcohol Ink Art?
Artists who have pursued this method of painting are considered versatile as they explore a range of surfaces – be it glass, metals, wood, clay and more. In totality, the end product is stunning, more so with a gilded effect. The alcohol ink in itself is a composition of bright dyed paints, which are quick-drying due to the alcohol base. Because of its compositional nature, these ink paints are excellent for mixed media works such as jewellery, household items, fabrics, prints and more. They are tenacious against a variety of surfaces and that results in unique creations. Alcohol ink art results in fantastic pieces that showcase fluid-like abstraction patterns, even at a beginner level. The instant gratification cannot be ignored, and is therapeutic to the creative senses. In this workshop, as you explore the world of alcohol ink, the excitement will be unmatched.
What happens in the Alcohol Ink Workshop?
In our alcohol ink workshop, you will learn a multitude of techniques including a comprehensive introduction to the materials in use, the safety information surrounding the process and materials involved and an allergy check for your health and safety.
I will guide you along the foundations of how to begin with the alcohol ink, followed by the mixing procedures, metallic inks, movement of puddle pour and other pouring techniques, gradient creations, brush techniques, ink dilution, creation of fine lines and the rules surrounding the use of a heat gun. Following an extensive practice session of these techniques, I will then teach you how to create a flower using the above mentioned methodologies. The practice sessions will be for 2 hours followed by a 15 minute break. For the final hour, you will be free to create 2 art works on non absorbent alcohol sheets, which are sized at 8 inch diameters and A4.
Further Information about the workshop
- The workshop can be customized for individual requirements. The cost and duration of a bespoke workshop will be dependent on the size and complexity of the artwork involved and engagement required.
- For the kids workshop, drop off/pick up will be outside the house.
- Please avoid wearing new and expensive clothing to the workshop as there might be some spillage.
- There is free parking outside the house.
- Please pack a snack and bring a drink for the duration of the workshop – kindly avoid nuts.
If you would like to enquiry about this class please fill out the form below.
Terms & Conditions related to The Impasto Painting Workshop
- Any cancellation made 24 hours before the workshop will result in a 30% administration fee to cover costs that have already been incurred.
- There is no refund available if a cancellation is made within 24 hours of the workshop.
- Any cancellations due to COVID19 or other health setbacks will entitle a postponement of the workshop to a later date. No refunds are available.