Available: Face-to-Face / Online
Price £65.00 – £150.00
- Children Size – A4 £65.00
- Adults Size – A3 £100.00
- Online – £80.00 (3 hour – Once booked the workshop material list will be emailed you. )
- One to one class – £150.00 (please give 3 date options, including weekends and 1 will be confirmed)
Collage art allows you to delve into your creative spirit to bring together an amalgamation of materials to create something unique and special. The beauty of collage art is that it is accessible to anyone, with each piece a representation of your own thoughts and inspirations. It can be enjoyed by people of all age groups – including children – helping their learning and brain development, while also being a lot of fun.
What is collage art?
Collage is a technique that involves the use of multiple materials in one piece of art, including things such as paper, fabric, photographs and other items. They are then placed into an eye-pleasing arrangement around the central subject and stuck down onto the artistic surface.
The term itself is derived from the French phrase “papiers collés”, which is used to describe the cutting out and pasting of paper onto different surfaces. While the technique has been around from as early as 200 BC in China, the labelling of it as ‘collage’ in the word of art only began in the early part of the 20th century. Painting and drawing can also be included in collage art.
What happens in the Collage workshop?
Our collage workshop helps you learn the basics of the technique and the important elements to focus on. This includes ensuring your subject remains central to the collage so it can stand out from the other shapes, colours and materials placed around it.
You’ll learn how to contrast your subject to make it lighter or darker than the background and how to incorporate opposite colours found on a colour wheel. There will be a variety of different materials to choose from to make your collage, while the canvas gives you freedom to openly express yourself with confidence.
Further Information about the workshop
- The workshop can be customized for individual requirements. The cost and duration of a bespoke workshop will be dependent on the size and complexity of the artwork involved and engagement required.
- For the kids workshop, drop off/pick up will be outside the house.
- Please avoid wearing new and expensive clothing to the workshop as there might be some spillage.
- There is free parking outside the house.
- Please pack a snack and bring a drink for the duration of the workshop – kindly avoid nuts.
- t’s important to reserve your spot for the workshop at least two weeks beforehand so that we can ensure all the necessary materials are ready for you. If you decide to come to the workshop at the last minute, please give me a call to check if there is still space available and if all the required materials are in stock. If you didn’t book the workshop in advance, feel free to contact me by phone and inquire about availability and material availability.
If you would like to enquiry about this class please fill out the form below.
Terms & Conditions related to The Impasto Painting Workshop
- Any cancellation made 24 hours before the workshop will result in a 30% administration fee to cover costs that have already been incurred.
- There is no refund available if a cancellation is made within 24 hours of the workshop.
- Any cancellations due to COVID19 or other health setbacks will entitle a postponement of the workshop to a later date. No refunds are available.