Available: Face-to-Face / Online
- Children Size – A4 £65.00
- Adults Size – 50 by 50 cm £150.00
- Online – £100.00 (5 hour – Once booked the workshop material list will be emailed you. )
- One to one class – £175.00 (please give 3 date options, including weekends and 1 will be confirmed)
Art does not belong on the wall and Madhubani art is a great way to connect with one of the most famous and traditional forms of Indian art. The beautiful and complex geometrical shapes and patterns seen in these paintings are often used to represent religious and festive rituals, using natural sources to create simple but timeless imagery that is truly inspirational.
What is Madhubani?
Madhubani paintings come from the Mithila region of Bihar in eastern India where it has been passed down through the generations. Women artists would create these paintings on the walls of their own homes, the pictures representing their inner worlds, thoughts and dreams.
There are five distinct artforms in Madhubani art: Tantrik, Kachni, Bharni, Godna and Kohbar. Up until the mid-20th century some of these styles were largely done by localised artists, but have more recently been merged together by contemporary artists.
What happens in the Madhubani workshop?
There are a number of different workshops available to enjoy, each one teaching you a new technique so you can experience the joys of Madhubani art.
Using the Madhubani style you will use contemporary colours via tools such as brushes, twigs, felt pens, matchsticks and your fingers. Objects can also be used to form a beautiful Madhubani painting which will also help create a contemporary twist to your art.
The focus will be on human figures, animals and nature, all created by free hand in the traditional Mudhubani style. This is a relaxing and highly expressive art form that allows you to connect with your inner self to create individual pieces that say something about you.
Further Information about the workshop
- The workshop can be customized for individual requirements. The cost and duration of a bespoke workshop will be dependent on the size and complexity of the artwork involved and engagement required.
- For the kids workshop, drop off/pick up will be outside the house.
- Please avoid wearing new and expensive clothing to the workshop as there might be some spillage.
- There is free parking outside the house.
- Please pack a snack and bring a drink for the duration of the workshop – kindly avoid nuts.
- It’s important to reserve your spot for the workshop at least two weeks beforehand so that we can ensure all the necessary materials are ready for you. If you decide to come to the workshop at the last minute, please give me a call to check if there is still space available and if all the required materials are in stock. If you didn’t book the workshop in advance, feel free to contact me by phone and inquire about availability and material availability.
If you would like to enquiry about this class please fill out the form below.
Terms & Conditions related to The Impasto Painting Workshop
- Any cancellation made 24 hours before the workshop will result in a 30% administration fee to cover costs that have already been incurred.
- There is no refund available if a cancellation is made within 24 hours of the workshop.
- Any cancellations due to COVID19 or other health setbacks will entitle a postponement of the workshop to a later date. No refunds are available.