Available: Face-to-Face / Online
Price £ 75.00 – £150.00
Creativity and art is found in the most simplest of forms and découpage can be enjoyed by anyone at any stage of their life. It also offers a great way to breathe new life into any item in your home – letting you add a flourish of personalised creativity so your environment truly reflects your character and personality. Only basic tools are needed to create something special, making it easy and affordable to do.
What is découpage?
It is believed that découpage comes from nomadic East Siberian tribes who would cut out felts to decorate the tombs of their deceased. Découpage made its way into Europe via traders in Venice who would buy decorated lanterns, boxes and other items from Chinese sellers.
The word découpage means “cut out” in French, which perfectly describes how the art is created. Pictures are cut from paper and applied to an object and finished with layers of varnish. This creates a vibrant new aesthetic, while also transforming the look and feel of the item. When done to a high standard it can appear as if the object has been professionally painted.
What happens in the Découpage Workshop?
I will help you learn the basics of découpage art using four different techniques, creating a pleasing artistic composition that you transfer to your own environment at home.
The techniques I teach will enable you to become comfortable with how to layer the cut outs to create a large crackle effect, porcelain effect, sparkling effect and a classic vintage look. You’ll learn all the basic tricks and best ways to revitalise everyday items to make them into something far more transformative.
In the workshop you will be creating multi-layer napkin découpage art on a tea box featuring 12 separate compartments. You will also be able to practice on other items such as a candle, a wooden board and a door sign – each time practicing a different technique to produce something beautiful and totally unique.
Further Information about the workshop
- The workshop can be customized for individual requirements. The cost and duration of a bespoke workshop will be dependent on the size and complexity of the artwork involved and engagement required.
- For the kids workshop, drop off/pick up will be outside the house.
- Please avoid wearing new and expensive clothing to the workshop as there might be some spillage.
- There is free parking outside the house.
- Please pack a snack and bring a drink for the duration of the workshop – kindly avoid nuts.
- It’s important to reserve your spot for the workshop at least two weeks beforehand so that we can ensure all the necessary materials are ready for you. If you decide to come to the workshop at the last minute, please give me a call to check if there is still space available and if all the required materials are in stock. If you didn’t book the workshop in advance, feel free to contact me by phone and inquire about availability and material availability.
If you would like to enquiry about this class please fill out the form below.
Terms & Conditions related to The Impasto Painting Workshop
- Any cancellation made 24 hours before the workshop will result in a 30% administration fee to cover costs that have already been incurred.
- There is no refund available if a cancellation is made within 24 hours of the workshop.
- Any cancellations due to COVID19 or other health setbacks will entitle a postponement of the workshop to a later date. No refunds are available.