Available: Face-to-Face / Online
Price £65.00 – £150.00
- Children Size – A4 £65.00
- Adults Size -A3 £135.00
- Online – £80.00 (3 hour – Once booked the workshop material list will be emailed you. )
- One to one class – £150.00 (please give 3 date options, including weekends and 1 will be confirmed)
Embossed glass painting is a highly creative form of art that enables you to transform every day glass into a beautiful piece of expression. It’s a wonderful craft technique that is suitable for beginners and anyone with more experience, that can easily be turned into a hobby or passion you continue to pursue in your spare time at home, allowing you to explore the depth of your creativity.
What is embossed glass painting?
Embossed glass painting is derived from the ancient art of stained glass painting, the beautiful styles which are often seen on the windows of religious buildings and on high doors.
The history of glass painting goes back hundreds of years to as early as the 9th century in Germany, and at one point it was the dominant form of painting across Europe. During these periods, millions of people were unable to see the great works of art created by leading artists of the time, but were able to enjoy the painted glass that decorated the many medieval religious buildings standing across the continent.
Glass painting reach its height of popularity in the 17th century with the glorious stained glass windows seen in Gothic cathedrals. These would often depict religious figures and scenes from revered religious textbooks, and many of these can still be seen in the same buildings today.
What happens in the embossing glass painting class?
This is an online course that will teach you how to balance space, learning how to merge the background and the object, along with freehand sketching and also using a 3D embossed effect.
There will be three standard sizes available, although bespoke sizes are available if requested in advance. You’ll also learn how to outline, which plays an essential part in being able to create unique pieces of painted glass art.
I will guide you through every step of the process to help you understand the basics and fundamentals so you can continue to practice and learn at home. There are different styles and techniques that can be used with glass painting, some of which we will also cover in the class.
Further Information about the workshop
- The workshop can be customized for individual requirements. The cost and duration of a bespoke workshop will be dependent on the size and complexity of the artwork involved and engagement required.
- For the kids workshop, drop off/pick up will be outside the house.
- Please avoid wearing new and expensive clothing to the workshop as there might be some spillage.
- There is free parking outside the house.
- Please pack a snack and bring a drink for the duration of the workshop – kindly avoid nuts.
- It’s important to reserve your spot for the workshop at least two weeks beforehand so that we can ensure all the necessary materials are ready for you. If you decide to come to the workshop at the last minute, please give me a call to check if there is still space available and if all the required materials are in stock. If you didn’t book the workshop in advance, feel free to contact me by phone and inquire about availability and material availability.
If you would like to enquiry about this class please fill out the form below.
Terms & Conditions
- Any cancellation made 24 hours before the workshop will result in a 30% administration fee to cover costs that have already been incurred.
- There is no refund available if a cancellation is made within 24 hours of the workshop.
- Any cancellations due to COVID19 or other health setbacks will entitle a postponement of the workshop to a later date. No refunds are available.