Available: Face-to-Face / Online
Price £ 80.00 – £100.00
- Children Age 7 to 14 Time 6 hours Price £100
- Adult Age 15plus Time 5 hour Price £100
- Online price £80 no material included
Our Gel Press Art workshops are open to both kids and adults and offer an excellent way to unleash your creativity along with some well deserved rest and relaxation. This particular art style is for those who enjoy printmaking and would like to see their spontaneous creative side come alive. In this house, we move away from complicated and expensive printing presses and work a gel printing plate that enables us to get the same results as we would if we used a commercial printing press. The beauty of the Gel Press style is that no two art prints are ever the same!
What is Gel Press Art?
This form of art is all about printmaking that is unique each time. The surfaces are engineered in a manner to capture as much detail and texture as possible in order to increase creative opportunities. Majority of the plates are mineral based glycerin which gives the plate a flexible surface in order to spread the paints, add as much texture and make innumerable prints. The most fun part of working with Gel Press is using different materials and supplies to get a variety of patterns and designs. There are no rules here and that is what makes this art style so much fun.
What happens in the Gel Press Art Workshop?
In our Gel Press art workshop, kids between the age of 7-14 will start by making Gel Press prints while making their own shapes and stencils. Please note that the duration for this workshop is 6 hours. As they begin to master the tools and the initial movements, they will work towards a mixed media technique which include stamping, stencilling, cutting, doodling, pasting. As part of the final project, they will be creating an Art Journal Book. There will also be an allergy check for their health and safety along with some additional safety information.
For the adults, age 15 and above, they will begin making Gel Press prints as well as create their own shapes and stencils. Please note that the duration for this workshop is 5 hours. As they begin to master the tools and the initial moments, they will work towards creating 10 A4 sized paintings which they will take home. Some of the methodologies they will use are stamping, stencilling, cutting, doodling, pasting and more, while using material found at home and recycled items.
Further Information about the workshop
- The workshop can be customized for individual requirements. The cost and duration of a bespoke workshop will be dependent on the size and complexity of the artwork involved and engagement required.
- For the kids workshop, drop off/pick up will be outside the house.
- Please avoid wearing new and expensive clothing to the workshop as there might be some spillage.
- There is free parking outside the house.
- Please pack a snack and bring a drink for the duration of the workshop – kindly avoid nuts.
- It’s important to reserve your spot for the workshop at least two weeks beforehand so that we can ensure all the necessary materials are ready for you. If you decide to come to the workshop at the last minute, please give me a call to check if there is still space available and if all the required materials are in stock. If you didn’t book the workshop in advance, feel free to contact me by phone and inquire about availability and material availability.
If you would like to enquiry about this class please fill out the form below.
Terms & Conditions related to The Impasto Painting Workshop
- Any cancellation made 24 hours before the workshop will result in a 30% administration fee to cover costs that have already been incurred.
- There is no refund available if a cancellation is made within 24 hours of the workshop.
- Any cancellations due to COVID19 or other health setbacks will entitle a postponement of the workshop to a later date. No refunds are available.