Available: Face-to-Face / Online
Price £ 85.00 – £135.00
- Adults Size – 30cm Diameter £85.00
- Online – £70.00 (3 hour – Once booked the workshop material list will be emailed you. )
- One to one class – £135.00 (please give 3 date options, including weekends and 1 will be confirmed)
Our Resin Art workshops are open to anyone above the age of 16 and offer an excellent way to unleash your creativity along with some quality relaxation. Resin Art dates back to rich historical significance as it was used for not only art supplies but fragrances and wood preservation as well. Nature’s resin is popularly known as amber and the most common creations from it are jewellery. As time went on and industry progressed, other forms were discovered and created. Today, there are 4 major forms of resin but the best one to begin your creative journey would be epoxy resin. Our extensive workshop will enable you to express a wide range of emotions using this unique medium.
WHAT IS EPOXY RESIN ART?
Epoxy Resin is the formal name of the substance in use and comprises a 2-part solution. It is the combination of these 2 parts, the former being the resin and the latter being a hardener, that creates a highly durable and versatile substance. This created substance can not only withstand a range of temperatures but can also be drilled into or sanded, if required. A variety of moulds are introduced for the solution to take form and create endless possibilities of aesthetic beauties. There is a timelessness within resin creations, and the simplicity in aesthetics and effort is charming as there is no line drawing or realism involved. Resin art is an excellent idea for gift and treats for friends and family and there is the added advantage of being able to personalise them.
WHAT HAPPENS IN THE RESIN ART WORKSHOP?
In our resin art workshop, you will learn a multitude of techniques, including a comprehensive material introduction, different timeframes when working with resins, dealing with errors that may occur during the material handling and an in-depth discussion around layouts and preparation of the wooden board. There will also be an allergy check for your health and safety along with some additional safety information.
I will guide along the foundations of how to begin with resin as a material, how to prepare your workspace, introduce you to the optimal ratios of resin and hardener while ensuring that you enjoy the entire process of discovery. The workshop is for 2.5 hours, for individuals who are above the age of 16, and will create 1 artworks on 30 cm diameter wood. Please note that there might be a slight variation in the sizes as we are dependent on the availability of wooden boards. At the end of the workshop, your creations will need to be left behind as they need to dry before being transported. You are welcome to collect them after 48 hours or they can be posted to your address for an additional fee.
Further Information about the workshop
- The workshop can be customized for individual requirements. The cost and duration of a bespoke workshop will be dependent on the size and complexity of the artwork involved and engagement required.
- For the kids workshop, drop off/pick up will be outside the house.
- Please avoid wearing new and expensive clothing to the workshop as there might be some spillage.
- There is free parking outside the house.
- Please pack a snack and bring a drink for the duration of the workshop – kindly avoid nuts.
- It’s important to reserve your spot for the workshop at least two weeks beforehand so that we can ensure all the necessary materials are ready for you. If you decide to come to the workshop at the last minute, please give me a call to check if there is still space available and if all the required materials are in stock. If you didn’t book the workshop in advance, feel free to contact me by phone and inquire about availability and material availability.
If you would like to enquiry about this class please fill out the form below.
Terms & Conditions related to The Impasto Painting Workshop
- Any cancellation made 24 hours before the workshop will result in a 30% administration fee to cover costs that have already been incurred.
- There is no refund available if a cancellation is made within 24 hours of the workshop.
- Any cancellations due to COVID19 or other health setbacks will entitle a postponement of the workshop to a later date. No refunds are available.